Gas Peaking Sector
Gas Generation EPC Works
Electricity peaking stations are power plants which help to balance the varying demands for energy by the grid – offering reserve, power and grid support functions.
With ultra-low-noise options available, Smith Brothers Contracting Ltd can take care of the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC), civil and electrical engineering aspects of any connection assignment – from initial design, through to final commissioning.
Our in-house design team can provide planning drawings, noise modelling and air quality reports, as well as the following:
- Bespoke containerised solution
- Ultra-low-noise options
- Turnkey provision
- Wrapped ICP / EPC contract
- Modular solution for 11 and 6.6kV projects.
The benefits of our containerised solution:
- Choice of external colour to meet site requirements (RAL colour chart)
- Internal oil tank allowing the engine to run for up to 2,500 hours per year without refilling
- Gas preheating boiler in each container to reduce running costs
- No need for external oil tanks / oil pipework and pre-heating pipework
- UK wiring standards and gas certifications.
Full site O&M contracts:
- Generator maintenance and servicing
- Generator spare parts held in stock at key locations around the country
- A generator extended warranty for up to 25 years is available
- Control and maintenance HV assets
- Emergency call-out service covering HV assets and generators
- Site maintenance and generator checks
- Remote control of HV and generator assets via our SCADA control scheme
Customisable SCADA control scheme:
- Control of the generators and switchgear installation
- Remote monitoring
- Customisable alarms
- Metering on the system (gas, electrical and run hours)
- Customisable user interfaces for service engineers, clients, aggregators and HV maintenance contractors.**
Gas generator options:
- 8V4000 GS 1.0MWe
- 12V4000 GS 1.5MWe
- 16V4000 GS 1.0MWe
- 20V4000 GS 2.5MWe.
- 400 Volt
- 6,600 Volt
- 11,000 Volt.
Containerised solutions in the following sound ratings:
- Type A Enclosure 75dBA 1m
- Type B Enclosure 72dBA 1m
- Type C Enclosure 65dBA 1m.